New classes, program times at Encinitas Community Center for fall
With another school year just getting underway, the Encinitas Community Center has some new classes and program times to provide tots, youth and adults with more opportunities for fun and fitness! Classes are beginning now and run through December.
Class fees are affordable and vary in range. Register online at www.EncinitasParksandRec.com or contact the Encinitas Community Center, 1140 Oak Crest Park Drive, at 760-943-2260 for program information.
• Kindermusik: Miss Ashley has been a successful Kindermusik Educator for over 18 years. She is also author of the educational children’s book, “Freddie and Bibelle.” Kindermusik is a popular music and movement program for young children and their families. Lots of drums, instruments and music from all over the world, language building, singing, dancing and fun! Classes continue on Thursdays, plus two Wednesday morning classes have been added. A new session begins Oct. 22.
• Mommy & Me Music will be held Tuesday mornings. Come join other families in song, chant, movement and instrument play with drums, bells, triangles, shakers, scarves, sticks and more. Children will love the opportunity to experiment with music. Materials will be available for purchase in class. New session begins Oct. 27.
• New: Capoeira is a dynamic Afro-Brazilian martial art form. Kids ages 8-15 will learn acrobatic movements that improve coordination, flexibility, balance and posture. They will also sing in Portuguese and play instruments. Capoeira functions as an important vehicle for developing confidence, self-esteem, creativity and social skills in a fun and positive environment. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Session I begins Sept. 22; session II begins Oct. 27.
• New: Afro-Brazilian Dance for adults. This high-energy class incorporates various styles, including samba, afoxe, afro-contemporary, sambareggae, orixa-inspired movement, and Brazilian street dance. Dance to intoxicating rhythms while exploring the rich history and cultural manifestations of the African Diaspora in Brazil. All levels welcome, no experience necessary. Classes are 9-10 a.m. Wednesdays. New session starts Oct. 28.
• New: Teen/Adult Ballet Mixed Levels I/II and Just Barre classes, for ages 13 and up began Sept. 12. Additional ballet and barre classes are held Monday and Thursday evenings.