What’s happening in and around Encinitas
• Garden of Lights: 5-9 p.m. Dec. 26-30, San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas. Members $8. Seniors, active military and students $10. Non-members $14. Children ages 3-12, $6.
The Garden is transformed into a dazzling winter wonderland with more than 100,000 sparkling lights for a magical holiday experience! With horse-drawn wagon rides, holiday crafts, marshmallow roasting, live music, hot mulled wine (on select nights) and visits with Santa.
• JFS Coastal Club, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 30, Temple Solel, 3575 Manchester Ave., Cardiff; 858-674-1123.
Seniors 60-plus, enjoy different activities: 10 a.m. Gentle Yoga with Danyll, 11 a.m. Concert with Guitarist Mark Schatz. A healthy three-course lunch is served at noon (reserve to 858-674-1123 by 3 p.m. Monday). At 1 p.m. see the film “New Year’s Eve.”
• Free movie, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 30, Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive, Encinitas.
The love lives of multiple New Yorkers intertwine in a single night on New Year’s Eve (PG-13). County libraries can’t publicize titles of free screenings, call for info: 760-753-7376, ext. 03.
• The Poinsettia: noon-4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas. Free. Call 760-632-9711.
Every weekend, enjoy fun activities that revolve around a historical theme. Ever wonder how the poinsettia came to be known as the Christmas flower? Learn about the Ecke Ranch and how the Ecke family made the poinsettia a Christmas icon all over the world! We’ll create holiday decorations. Suitable for all ages.
• La Paloma Theatre: 471 S. Coast Highway 101, Encinitas. Tickets: $9, $7. Call: 760-436-SHOW (7469).
“Gone Girl,” “Awake: The Life of Yogananda,” and Friday Midnight Movie: “Rocky Horror Picture Show”