These are just some of the events taking place in and around Encinitas this weekend. For details, visit https://bit.ly/1LDLGU0.
• iPalpiti Festival in July. Tickets: https://encinitas.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=4736
The festival expands to two weeks this year, from July 9-18. The iPalpiti Soloists will present five concerts. Buy a Season Pass for $70 and hear 11 young virtuoso musicians perform at the Encinitas Library.
The 24-member iPalpiti Orchestra, from 22 countries, will be in residence July 12-18 and will present a free concert for the community at 4 p.m. July 18, at San Dieguito Academy Amphitheater. Info: https://www.encinitasca.gov/index.aspx?page=345.
Host a musician: If you would like to take a musician to dinner on July 14 or 17, email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Thank you!
• Camp Intrepid (Intrepid Theatre Company) offers these camps for young actors. Visit https://www.intrepidtheatre.org/education/summer-camp for details:
Musical Theatre Camp: “Little Shop of Horrors.” Ages 12-18. Campers will be cast in and rehearse the musical that will be performed on July 10. Takes place at Carlsbad Village Theatre, 2822 State St., Carlsbad.
Creative Play! Camp. Ages 4-6. Preschoolers will love this opportunity to act out their favorite stories, move with different types of music, and embrace their silly side!
Young Actors Theatre Camp: “Aladdin,” ages 7-11. In the heart of an enchanted city, a commoner named Aladdin and his mischievous monkey, Abu, battle to save the free-spirited Princess Jasmine. Takes place at Encinitas Community Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive.
Young Actors Theatre Camp: “Newsies,” ages 12-15. The tale of a courageous group of newsboys who become unlikely heroes when they team up to fight an unscrupulous newspaper tycoon.
• Blue Star Museum Program: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily, now through Labor Day, Sept. 7. Free admission for active-duty military, National Guard and Reserve members and up to five immediate family members. Info: https://www.sdbgarden.org/military-specials.htm.
The San Diego Botanic Garden is proud to participate in the Blue Star Museum program, offering free admission to all active-duty, National Guard and Reserve members of the U.S. military and their families (card carrier plus five immediate family members).
• Mosaic Garden Jewels, 12:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 8, San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive. Cost: $30, $36. Info: https://www.sdbgarden.org/classes.htm.
Create a beautiful mosaic using ocean rocks and glass beads. Students will learn how to glue and grout colorful beads to create flowers, plants, or other shapes resulting in attractive garden art.
• Fourth of July Parade: 10 a.m. Saturday, July 4, San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive. Free with paid admission or membership. Info: https://www.sdbgarden.org/seeds_wond.htm.
Children and their families are invited to dress up in red, white and blue, and bring decorated strollers and wagons (no bikes, please!). Meet at Seeds of Wonder at 10 a.m. Parade begins promptly at 10:30 a.m.
• Families Making History: Succulents. Noon-4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas. Free. Call 760-632-9711.
The Kumeyaay Indians used succulent plants for everything from clothing to shelter to food. Succulents thrive in the dry California climate and require little water. Children will decorate a pot and plant a few succulents to take home, a great activity to showcase their creativity.
• Ladybug Family Fun Day: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday, July 5, San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center, 2710 Manchester Ave., Cardiff. Free. Info: https://sanelijo.org/welcome-san-elijo-lagoon-conservancy.
Through crafts and interactive discovery, kids can learn about the life cycle of the ladybug and its fanciful coloration.
• First Sunday Music Series: Patrick Berrogain’s Hot Club Combo, 2 p.m. Sunday, July 5, Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive. Free.
Patrick Berrogain is known for his original music in the style of Jazz Manouche, the French side of Gypsy jazz.
• La Paloma Theatre, 471 S. Coast Highway 101, Encinitas. Tickets: $10, $9 (cash only). Call 760-436-SHOW (7469).
“Ex Machina,” “Rocky Horror Picture Show.”
• JFS Coastal Club, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 7, Temple Solel, 3575 Manchester Ave., Cardiff. Activities free, lunch: $7. Reserve for lunch by noon Monday, July 6, to 858-674-1123. Info: https://www.jfssd.org/site/PageServer?pagename=programs_older_coastal_club
Seniors 60-plus, choose from several different activities: 10 a.m., Fit and Flexible with Silver Age Yoga Instructor Danyll Monroe; 11 a.m., Soulful Living with author and poet Coty Benrimoj, author of “Unremitting Solace.” A healthy lunch is served at noon; at 1 p.m., enjoy the movie “Wild.” RSVP for lunch by Monday at noon to 858-674-1123.
• Tuesday Movie, 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 7, Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive. Free. Call 760-753-7376, ext. 03.
Contact library for title.
• Wednesdays@Noon: musical performance at noon Wednesday, July 8, Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive. Free. Visit www.Encinitasca.gov/WedNoon, call 760-633-2746.
Call for information.